Join the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) and transportation partners from across the Commonwealth in celebrating the sixth statewide Try Transit Week from September 15-19, 2014! This is a great time to discover new alternatives to your commute and how to get around while saving time, money and energy.
During Try Transit Week, Virginians are invited to try one of the many of transit options available.
Have you had enough of rising gas prices and paying for parking on top of it? When you take public transit, you save money by not stopping at the pump or feeding the meter! You’re not only helping your wallet, you will also be helping the environment by reducing energy consumption and pollution.
Using transit is an easy way to get where you need to go! Instead of sitting in traffic, transit can keep you moving.
When you take the Try Transit Week pledge, you will be entered for a chance to win a year of free transit service of your choice! Need to find transit service in your area? Try the Service Locator.
Pledge to win the following:
- GRAND PRIZE is one year of transit service and a pair of round-trip tickets on Amtrak’s Northeast Regional
- Alexandria Transit Company – Two (2) winners will receive a one-month DASH Pass servicing the City of Alexandria
- Arlington Transit (ART) – Two (2) winners will receive a $50 SmarTrip card servicing Arlington County and surrounding areas
- Bay Transit – One (1) winner will receive one-month worth of tickets (4 books of 10 tickets each) servicing the counties of Charles City, Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Matthews, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland
- Charlottesville Area Transit (CAT) – One (1) winner will receive a one-month bus pass servicing the City of Charlottesville and Albermarle County
- Greater Lynchburg Transit Company (GLTC) – One (1) winner will receive a one-month bus pass servicing the City of Lynchburg and a portion of Madison Heights
- Loudoun County Transit - Commuter Bus – Three (3) winners will receive SmarTrip cards (one for $50 and two for $25).
- Loudoun County Transit - Local Bus Service – Three (3) winners will each receive $40 worth of local bus service passes.
- PRTC – Three (3) winners will receive SmarTrip cards (one for $50 and two for $25) servicing Prince William County and all towns and cities within
- RR Commute – One (1) winner will receive a one-month pass on the local commuter bus, Academy Bus, departing from Culpeper and Warrenton counties traveling to Washington, DC
- Radford Transit – Two (2) winners will receive one-month unlimited ride passes servicing the City of Radford
- Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) – Two (2) winners will receive a 30-Day goWATA Pass servicing Williamsburg