Join the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) and transportation partners from across the Commonwealth in celebrating the seventh statewide Try Transit Week from September 21-25, 2015! This is a great time to discover new alternatives to your commute and how to get around while saving time, money and energy.
During Try Transit Week, Virginians are invited to try one of the many of transit options available.
Have you had enough of rising gas prices and paying for parking on top of it? When you take public transit, you save money by not stopping at the pump or feeding the meter! You’re not only helping your wallet, you will also be helping the environment by reducing energy consumption and pollution.
Using transit is an easy way to get where you need to go! Instead of sitting in traffic, transit can keep you moving.
When you take the Try Transit Week pledge, you will be entered for a chance to win a year of free transit service of your choice! Need to find transit service in your area? Try the Service Locator.
Please Note: Richmond is hosting the UCI Worlds Championship during Try Transit Week, so if you are living or visiting the area during September 19 – 27 and are planning to try transit, please note that Greater Richmond Transit Company (GRTC) will be experiencing some bus detours and delays. More information, as well as how to purchase a special UCI Worlds bus pass, can be found at http://www.ridegrtc.com/planning-your-trip/uci-worlds
Pledge to win the following:
- GRAND PRIZE is one year of transit service and a pair of round-trip tickets on Amtrak’s Northeast Regional
- Alexandria Transit Company – Two (2) winners will receive a one-month DASH Pass servicing the City of Alexandria.
- Arlington Transit (ART) – Two (2) winners will receive a $50 SmarTrip card servicing Arlington County and surrounding areas.
- Bay Transit – One (1) winner will receive one-month worth of tickets (4 books of 10 tickets each) servicing the counties of Charles City, Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Matthews, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland
- Fairfax Connector – Four (4) winners will receive a $50 SmarTrip card servicing Fairfax County.
- Four County Transit – Two (2) winners will receive a one-month RIDE Pass servicing the four counties of Buchanan, Dickenson, Russell and Tazewell of Southwest Virginia.
- Greater Lynchburg Transit Company (GLTC) – One (1) winner will receive a one-month bus pass servicing the City of Lynchburg and a portion of Madison Heights.
- Hampton Roads Transit – One (1) winner will receive a 30-day fare card for a person living on the southside: Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and Portsmouth. One (1) winner will receive a 30-day fare card for a person living on the northside: Hampton or Newport News.
- Loudoun County Transit - Commuter Bus – Two (2) winners will each receive a SmarTrip card worth $28, and five (5) winners will each receive a SmarTrip card worth $8.
- Loudoun County Transit - Local Bus Service – Five (5) winners will each receive $20 worth of local bus punch passes.
- PRTC – Three (3) winners will receive SmarTrip cards (one for $50 and two for $25) servicing Prince William County and all towns and cities within.
- Radford Transit – Two (2) winners will receive one-month unlimited ride passes servicing the City of Radford.
- RR Commute – One (1) winner will receive a one-month pass on the local commuter bus, Academy Bus, departing from Culpeper and Warrenton counties traveling to Washington, DC.
- Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) – One (1) winner will receive a 30-Day goWATA Pass servicing Williamsburg.
Check back soon for additional prizes awarded by regions