Pledging is closed and the 2016 grand prize winner has been chosen! Congratulations Niraj Shrestha from Ashburn!
Virginians are trying transit and loving it. You can try it too during the eighth statewide Try Transit Week from September 19-23, 2016! Join the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) and transportation partners from across the Commonwealth in our celebration! This is a great time to discover new transit options and how to get around.
Using transit is an easy way to get where you need to go! Instead of sitting in traffic, transit can keep you moving. Take public transportation and take a break from gas prices and paying for parking and tolls. Your wallet and watch will thank you for saving money and time! The environment will thank you too because you’ll be helping to reduce energy consumption and pollution.
When you take the Try Transit Week pledge, you will be entered for a chance to win a year of free transit service! Need to find transit service in your area? Visit the Service Locator.
Pledge to win the following:
- GRAND PRIZE is one year of transit service and a pair of round-trip tickets on Amtrak’s Northeast Regional
- Alexandria Transit Company (DASH) – Two (2) winners will receive a one-month DASH Pass servicing the City of Alexandria.
- Arlington Transit (ART) – Two (2) winners will receive a $50 SmarTrip.
- Bay Transit – One (1) winner will receive one-month worth of tickets (4 books of 10 tickets each) servicing the counties of Charles City, Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Matthews, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland
- Fairfax County – Four (4) winners will receive a $50 SmarTrip card.
- Four County Transit – Two (2) winners will receive a one-month RIDE Pass servicing the four counties of Buchanan, Dickenson, Russell and Tazewell of Southwest Virginia.
- Greater Lynchburg Transit Company (GLTC) – One (1) winner will receive a one-month bus pass servicing the City of Lynchburg and a portion of Madison Heights.
- Hampton Roads Transit – One (1) winner on the northside (Hampton or Newport News and one (1) winner on the southside (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and Portsmouth) will each receive a 30-day fare card.
- Loudoun County Transit - Commuter Bus – Two (2) winners will each receive a SmarTrip card worth $50.
- Loudoun County Transit - Local Bus Service – Two (2) winners will each receive $20 worth of local bus punch passes.
- PRTC – Three (3) winners will receive SmarTrip cards (one for $50 and two for $25) servicing Prince William County and all towns and cities within.
- RR Commute – One (1) winner will receive a one-month pass on the local commuter bus, Academy Bus, departing from Culpeper and Warrenton counties traveling to DC.
- Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) – One (1) winner will receive a 30-Day goWATA Pass servicing Williamsburg.
Check back soon for additional prizes awarded by regions